S1E19 - International May Day Online Rally plus How to Form a Union and Strike.
Saturday May 2 *PLUS* How to Form a Union and How to Strike, info relevant after the 2nd also.
Info is relevant after the 2nd also.
1) International May Day Online Rally - Saturday May 2 Capitalism exposed: The coronavirus pandemic and the global struggle for socialism
An online rally with speakers from throughout the world, sponsored by the World Socialist Web Site and the International Committee of the Fourth International. https://www.wsws.org/en/special/mayday/rally2020.html
2) Strikes, job actions escalate as corporations rush to reopen amidst coronavirus pandemic.
“We don’t want to be the guinea pigs” https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/04/28/work-a28.html
3) The Era Of Mass Strikes Begins On May 1, First Day Of General Strike Campaign https://popularresistance.org/the-era-of-mass-strikes-begins/
Important strike info including on how to build unions and how to carry out strikes...
4a) Video part 1 How To Start A Successful Strike During Crisis. w/Jane McAlevey https://youtu.be/Y3UeVTxZHC8
4b) Video part 2 Many Strikes Are Coming Before Nov. Election & After. w/Jane McAlevey https://youtu.be/PH9beRXMxwk
5) Denver Health Executives Get Bonuses 1 Week After Workers Asked To Take Cuts https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/24/coronavirus-denver-health-bonus-ceo-pay-cuts/
CBS4 obtained salary and bonus information for a dozen top executives at Denver Health via a Colorado Open Records Act Request which was filed April 10. It showed the following MIP bonuses were handed out:
Robert Borland, Chief Marketing and PR Officer received a $53,406 bonus added to his $270,000 salary, equating to a 19.78% bonus.
Scott Hoye, General Counsel, received a $78,174 bonus added to his $402,300 salary for a 19.43% bonus.
Michelle Fournier-Johnson, Chief Human Resources Officer, received a $65,012 bonus on top of her salary of $347,800 for an 18.69% bonus.
Connie Price, Chief Medical Officer, received a bonus of $95,792 added to her salary of $507,200 for an 18.88% bonus.
Amy Weiss, Chief Experience Officer, received a bonus of $40,588 added to her salary of $221,800 for an 18.29% bonus.
Wittenstein’s base salary for 2019 was $967,155, her bonus was $230,275 — which equates to 23.8% of her salary.
6) Denver Health CEO On Timing Of Bonuses: ‘I Am Deeply Sorry’ https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/27/denver-health-bonuses-coronavirus-ceo-apology-robin-wittenstein/
7) Senate Majority Leader McConnell calls for states to declare bankruptcy and gut pensions
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday called for state governments facing mounting deficits linked to the coronavirus crisis to file for bankruptcy instead of receiving financial aid from the federal government. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/04/25/mcco-a25.html
``Whatever their policy differences, the two parties are united in ruling out any challenge to the capitalist profit system and the entrenched wealth of a parasitic ruling elite. They all agree that the full burden of the pandemic crisis must be borne by working people.''
8) GM threatens to end medical benefits for temporary workers at parts depot
``What we mean was we are just a number to them. What it really all about is profit, about making money.” https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/04/25/gmca-a25.html
9) Richard Wolff's Democracy At Work https://www.democracyatwork.info/
10) Richard Wolff's Economic Update https://www.democracyatwork.info/economicupdate
11) Ahead of May Day, 500+ Groups Worldwide Demand Just and Visionary Recovery From Covid-19 "This virus proves how interconnected we are. The solutions we come up with now must ensure that no one is left behind." https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/30/ahead-may-day-500-groups-worldwide-demand-just-and-visionary-recovery-covid-19
duopoly #covid19 #greed #co-ops #cooperatives #Strike
Support "There's This Podcast" by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/there-s-this-podcast
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.